June 26, 2020
Homemade Disinfecting Items
Now more than ever we are all looking for ways to keep our loved ones safe and healthy. Finding these items in stores and online can prove to be difficult. I’ve put together a list of some items that you can make at home with items you already have on hand.
DIY hand sanitizer:
⅔ cup 99% alcohol
⅓ aloe Vera
Essential oil (optional)
Pour aloe Vera into bowl. Next, add the alcohol. Add 5-10 drops of essential oil. Use a funnel to pour ingredients into container. Shake well and happy sanitizing!
Reusable disinfecting wipes
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 cup distilled water
- Essential Oil
- Airtight Container or resealable bag
- Old clothes, cut from old towels and or tshirts or paper towels
What You Do:
- Add 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar to 3/4 cup distilled water.
- Add Essential Oils
- Next, cut tshirt and or towels into squares
- If using paper towels place them into the container and remove cardboard center
- Pour solution over towels.
- Shake your container
- Secure container
If you’re making reusable wipes, properly launder towels after use. Wipe away your worries with these easy wipes!
These items have long shelf lives and can be used in the home and on surfaces you encounter when outside of your home.